Walbottle Campus is a large secondary school situated in Newcastle, just east of Throckley and North of Walbottle.
The school’s origins can be traced back to 1959 when 3 schools shared the site; a Grammar School and two Secondary Modern schools. Later, these merged into a single school. The school was accredited with specialist status for technology in 1995 and was later named Walbottle Campus Technology College.
In 2005 the school was re-designated from an age 13-18 high school to an 11-18 comprehensive school. The first phase of a major redevelopment began in February 2007 and the new campus buildings opened in 2008.